love

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

vomit into a glass. articulate nothing.


Paradoxically, to feel "large" in the city, one has to retreat to the tiniest of spaces. Much like an animal cornered who makes itself big as a last resort in the face of death, we manifest our greatest power in the corners, cracks, crevices, dark interstices. μεταξύ as absolute presence.

For the past few years, all of my songs have been recorded in the various bathrooms of my various apartments. It is the only place I feel confident enough to belt out tunes. I place my laptop on the stool, sit on the toilet, adjust the instruments so they dont' bang on the wall or sink, and assemble the song.

"vomit in a glass. articulate nothing" was recorded in 2009, a beautiful and tumultuous year where so much was destroyed and created.

vomit into a glass. articulate nothing. by loveIED

No comments:

Post a Comment